The Commonwealth of Dominica government announced new regulations to come into force on September 15, 2022. Dominica citizenship program has a long history as the most popular Caribbean citizenship option. The changes are minor but not beneficial.
The amendments modify the definition of the dependants and the structure of official fees to be paid.
Who cannot qualify?
Siblings from any side are not allowed. From now on, the main applicant's (or spouse's) siblings should independently apply for economic citizenship in Dominica to obtain their Caribbean passports.
What are the changes for adult children?
The age limit has not altered; dependent children should be under 30. However, adult children shall not only be financially reliant on the main applicant but also be enrolled in a recognized institution of higher learning and be able to prove it.
Are there any exceptions?
Unmarried daughters under 25 are not required to be enrolled in higher education but should live with the main applicant together.
What are the changes regarding parents and grandparents?
Unfortunately, the no minimum age limit is cancelled; they should be over 65 and financially dependent on the main applicant.
Should the applicants pay more or less for Dominica citizenship?
It depends on the family size. The beneficial real estate administrative fee for families of seven has been deleted. From now on, a flat fee of $25,000 shall be charged for any additional dependant.
The Economic Diversification Fund's (EDF) contribution amounts required to obtain Dominica citizenship by investment have also changed. Donation is the same up to a family of four; the amount of contribution needed of $175,000 has not changed. However, the contribution payments for additional dependents are now different based on age. The donation amount for additional dependents under 18 remains $25,000, while the contribution for additional dependents 18 or older has increased to $50,000.
• Visa requirements for Dominica citizens are administrative entry restrictions by the authorities of other states placed on citizens of Dominica. As of October 2022, Dominica citizens had visa-free or visa on arrival access to 145 countries and territories
• Visa Free access to Schengen Area countries
• Enjoy tax free status
• No requirement to reside in Dominica
• No management or educational requirements
• No country restrictions (Open to all applicants)
• Applicants can make a non-refundable donation to the government fund or invest
in a government approved real-estate project
• Be over 18 years old
• Have no criminal record
• Provide all the documents are required in English
• Provide a letter of application for economic citizenship addressed to the Minister
responsible for Citizenship
• Have basic knowledge of the English language
• Make a deposit in a bank account at the National Commercial Bank of Dominica
• Must use a government authorised agent
Process (3-4 months)
• Prepare all the documents required and submit them via an authorised agent, and
pay due diligence fees
• After approval, every applicant must sign an oath of allegiance in front of a Notary
Public, Justice of Peace or Commissioner of Oaths
• Obtain the passport after the citizenship confirmation
SKYDOG to Global Mobility !
Combining The Highest Global Standards
With Local Expertise...
CITINAVI global & partners
London - Paris - Luxembourg - Shanghai - Ho Chi Minh - New Delhi - Dubai - Athens
WhatsApp, Line : +33 750 52 18 47 (En/Fr/Jp/Kr)
Japan desk : +44 7466 782323
China desk : +33 634 10 54 47
Vietnam desk : +84 121 4335357
India : +91 93223 99000 / +33 750 52 1847